The elglob program
elglob performs globbing on a pattern, then executes
elglob [ -v ] [ -w ] [ -s ] [ -m ] [ -e ] [ -0 ] variable pattern prog...
- elglob performs
- It then performs
variable substitution on
prog..., using variable as key and the result of the
globbing as value. The value is always split: it contains as many words
as they are matches for the globbing pattern.
- elglob then execs into the modified prog....
- -v : verbose. If there is a problem while globbing, print
a warning message on stderr.
- -w : strict. If there is a problem while globbing, die
immediately. This is harsh - you probably don't need that option.
- -s : sort the matches. By default, the results are
- -m : mark. Append a slash to each word that corresponds
to a directory.
- -e : no escape. Treat backslashes in pattern
literally; do not allow quoting of metacharacters in pattern via
backslashes. Warning: the
uses the backslash as their own escape character - if you want a
backslash to be passed to elglob, do not forget to double
- -0 : null globbing. By default, if pattern
matches nothing, it will be substituted as is (verbatim in one word). With
this option, if pattern matches nothing, it will be properly
substituted as zero word.