The mdevd-coldplug program
mdevd-coldplug performs a coldplug: it scans
/sys for all registered devices a uevent manager would
want to perform actions on, and tells the kernel to generate uevents
for all these devices.
mdevd-coldplug [ -s slashsys ]
- mdevd-coldplug scans /sys for devices.
- For every suitable device it finds, it tells the kernel
to generate an event. If a device manager such as
as mdevd is listening to the netlink
at this point, it will pick up the series of events.
- mdevd-coldplug exits when it has finished scanning.
- -s slashsys : assume the sysfs
pseudo-filesystem is mounted on slashsys. Default is /sys.
- 0: success
- 111: system call failed
- mdevd-coldplug is a short-lived program, just like
mdev -s or udevadm trigger.